Nonresidents working in the U.S.


Nonresidents who came for example on Summer Work and Travel program or as Interns and worked in the U.S. are required to file a U.S. tax return if they earned wages exceeding the U.S. Personal Exemption amount of $4,050 for 2017 which remains the same as for tax year 2016. Even if their earnings did not exceed the filing threshold, they may still want to file a return in order to claim refund for the taxes withheld. Depending on the State of employment, there may also be a State tax filing requirement.

If you have earned wages last year, you may be required to file a return. Furthermore, some of the federal and State tax that was taken from your wages may be Refundable. We would be happy to discuss your individual situation and offer our help.

Please click here to complete our information request form and one of our U.S. tax specialists will be in touch with you shortly.


Share feedback   Share feedback   Share feedback   Share feedback
Share feedback

Contact US Tax Specialist Today